---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: David.Walland@bristol.ac.uk

Here at Bristol our Veterinary Dept are about to treat a cat with 1.11 GBq
I-131 to kill a thyroid tumour. One of the unresolved questions to which I
can find no answer in the literature nor from local expertise, is how much
(what proportion) of the isotope is likely to be taken up by the salivary
glands and then depositted on the animal's pelt due to grooming activity.
If I at least knew what proportion might be expected to be taken up in the
normal animal, this would give me a chance to guesstimate the likely
magnitude of risk.  Anyone out there know anything about this?

David Walland
University of Bristol
Radiation Safety Officer
London, UK