Re: Your expert perspective...

>The teacher in question should have no difficulty understanding the basis
>for establishing SI units for dose (or any other measurement). A teacher of
>any science who doesn't understand the SI approach is entitled to be an
>unemployed teacher.

	Hmm.. lets postulate that:

	o The teacher in question is in the biological sciences, and got
	  the equivalent of a "Physics for Dummies" course, if that at all.

	o Ignorance is the root cause of most phobias. Just because you
	   went to college doesn't mean your not ignorant.

	o Some people love to see evil cabals everywhere.

	I would make an attempt to educate with ideas like "well, I guess
	the car companies are going to Kilometers to make their mpg numbers
	look better..." I don't think there's much of a chance of swaying
	anybody who is in as much of an ostrich mode as the teacher, but if
	even one class member is helped, it's worth it.

Frank R. Borger - Physicist     ___      "One third of the rats were improved
Michael Reese - U of Chicago   |___      on the experimental medication, one
Center for Radiation Therapy   | |_) _   third remained the same, and the
net: Frank@rover.uchicago.edu    | \|_)  other one third could not be repor-
ph: 312-791-8075 fa: 791-2517       |_)  ted on, because that rat got away."
                                         - Edwin Bidwell Wilson