Re[2]: Your expert perspective...

Subject: Re: Your expert perspective...
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at CCSMTP
Date:    10/2/95 9:29 AM

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Alex Zapantis wrote:

> >Well, "mileage" based on kilometers per gallon looks a lot better than
> >"mileage" expressed as kilometers per liter.  :-)
>
> Actually, in the SI world, fuel economy is most commonly expressed in litres
> per hundred kilometres.
>
> Just for your information.
>

>                         Alex Zapantis
>                         Radiation Safety Officer

>                         Queensland University of Technology
>                         Health & Safety Section
>                         Locked Bag No.2
>                         Red Hill Qld 4059
>                         AUSTRALIA
>
>                         Ph     : 61 7 864 3566
>                         fax     : 61 7 864 3993
>                         email  : a.zapantis@qut.edu.au

Hmmm - I would have guessed that in the SI world, the units would be
steres per meter, not a collection of derived units. :-)

 ********************************
*      Rich Oesterling, CHP      *
*     ogr@twinpeak.inel.gov      *
*    #include <disclaimer.h>     *
*  Get Really Warped - Get Unix  *

     So, when one cancels the units, i.e. steres (cubic meters) per meter,
     the resulting measurement of gas mileage, in fundamental SI units,
     would be expressed in units of square meters?!?  Now I see why the SI
     system is so much better and simpler - NOT! Gee, I can't see why
     anyone would resist switching to SI now.

     Steve Rima, CHP
     sdrima@sandia.gov
     standard disclaimer stuff...