Nobel Prize in Physics

The following notice was provided today by the Director
of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC):

    "It was announced early this morning that Professor
    Martin Perl [and collaborators as is normal in high
    energy physics] has received the 1995 Nobel Prize for
    Physics for the discovery of the tau here at SLAC.
    This is great news for Dr. Perl and for our
    laboratory....

    Once again, congratulations to Dr. Perl and to everyone
    in the laboratory who supports our research and makes
    such accomplishments possible."  /s/ Burton Richter

This is the third Nobel Prize event at SLAC.  Burton
Richter and colleagues received the first and Richard
Taylor and colleagues received the second.  All were for
various particle physics discoveries utilizing the SLAC
accelerators.  My public congratulations to Marty and his
colleagues as well for this well deserved award!
Michael P. Grissom
mikeg@slac.stanford.edu
Phone:  (415) 926-2346
Fax:    (415) 926-3030