Re: Voltility of S35 compounds

Cell - labelling procedures using S35 amino acids (especially the
incubation stage) are notorious for releasing a volatile degradation
product. The exact chemical is not known to me, several have been
 suggested. The manufacturer's and users note that up to 0.1% is
volatalized and suggest that stock vials should be opened only under a
functioning fume hood, and that the incubator have an activated charcoal trap
placed within, as well as a smear survey after the incubation.
The trap can be a mat or just an open beaker with 40-50 cc of
charcoal.

Hope this helps. I have copies of some useful articles if you are
 interested.