Neurton Radiography

Greetings,

Regarding my comments about the penetrating power of neutron
radiography yesterday. . . .

I asked one of the gents who used to frequently work with our neutron
radiography system here at Rockwell.  He said that it would easily
penetrate the piping described in yesterdary's query, with good
resolution on hydrogenous materials.

He said he has seen a number of radiographs of mice in piping, wood,
plastic, etc etc.  He was unaware, however, of any portable systems,
but suggested that on could conceivably use a Cf-252 source (lots of
problems with this, of course).

Jim Barnes