RE: Good Morning America

>From:	SMTP%"radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu" 18-OCT-1995 15:02:41.53
>From: jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu (John DeLaHunt)

>"Plutonium is ... one of the deadliest elements known."
>
>Elements, not substances.  Anyone want to show me botulotoxin on the
>periodic chart?
>Nor, in fact, did she say anything about instant death.  She said that
>inhalation of an amount the size of a head of a pin will cause death.
>Instant?  No.  Just death.

	As I remember the show, the whole thing was about the most deadly
	aspect of Plutonium. Not the chemical toxicity, not the radiation
	toxicity, but the kaboom toxicity. THe story was about techniques
	developed to search for Pu loose due the the breakup of the USSR.

	It didn't play on the fears of Pu as a toxic agent, but as material
	to be used in a bomb. Although this hazard, (IMHO,) is much more of
	a real hazard to the average American, it still played upon the
	fears of John Q Public.