Re: Good Morning America

Having been personally involved with the NEST program in several
capacities over the past 8 years, I'd concur that the portion of the
program dealing with the NEST organization
was generally well balanced and may have served to identify to the
general public a capability previously not extensively publicized.

As health physicists we could all probably find many "nits" to pick with
any such presentation -- implying that one would use a geiger counter to
search for Pu ???  Also a number of others -- one commenter earlier today
questioned whether Ms London (or anyone for that matter) would actually be
allowed to handle a sphere of Pu under the circumstances shown??? --- etc.

Bottom line - while the program certainly wasn't a scientific masterpiece,
it may have value in informing the general public and could certainly have
done _much_ worse in the "plutonium hysteria" department.

----

All that said - are we ALL in the wrong field?  Haven't yet met a
"rad-safer" with a house even approaching the one they showed Michael
Bolton living in.

>>> usual disclaimer <<<

Bruce Dicey
Sr. HP - EPA Las Vegas