Re: CHP "...standards for ethical conduct..."

I support the United States of America and the State of Washington even
though I did not vote for all those who now hold elective office.  I even
try to get laws changed, but obey those on the books even if I do not
agree with them.  I pay my taxes and complain a lot about government
waste and inefficiency.  I am convinced that such behavior is ethical and
clearly consistent with the democracy in which we live.

Drawing the parallel, according to its the charter and bylaws, the AAHP is
a similarly participatory democratic organization.  The officers and
directors are elected directly by the members (no electoral college here,
or political party nominating process), who also must approve by vote
changes to the bylaws.  If the membership does not approve, the bylaws
don't get changed.  And the members can vote in new officers; nominations
are permitted by the members.  Once again, democracy in action.
Disobeying a canon of ethics is analagous to disobeying a law or
regulation.  And, you have a say in the establishment of the canons of
ethics.

Finally, I honestly can't tell whether you are serious or pulling my leg.
If the former, I suggest you seek a leadership role -- eg run for AAHP
office or otherwise get active in the body; if the latter, pull on both
legs -- I could stand a few more inches (oops I mean tens of millimeters)!

Ron Kathren