Re: linear hypothesis

As I recall from my statistics classes , one really cannot prove the null
hypothesis.  But I agree with Marv Goldman re a practical solution,
which, incidently, was the conclusion I reached in my Hartman talk at the
HPS/AAPM/AAHP which traced the evolution and development of the linear
no-threshold hypothesis.  Often forgotten is why is was adopted:  it
provided an UPPER LIMIT of risk, and was (and still is) mathematically
simple and satisfying.

Ron Kathren