Re: Media Bashing Without a License

>From:	SMTP%"radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu" 19-OCT-1995 11:18:41.61
>From: mgoldman@ucdavis.edu (Dr. Marvin Goldman)

>I should know better, but here goes.  ...
	(Much of a beautiful analysis edited out)
> They are
>very busy, live by moment to moment deadlines and really have no time to
>learn physics, science or toxicology.  But they value anyone who can
>separate the significant from the inconsequential, and who can explain
>technical things with monosyllabic clarity.

	So why? On the business page or sports page the reporters are
	much more conversant in their fields. Problem is that athletes
	and/or business promoters LIKE the media. Every time their name
	and face appears in the paper its usually good for them. For
	people who work with potential hazards, the reverse is true.
	We have to do something to turn this around

What do you think of this?

	BRAVO!