Re: NRC Prelim. Notification of Unusual Occurence

     Several reasons may be:

     1. The limits for a "declared pregnant female" are lower than the
        occupational limit;

     2. The NRC requires reports for the "potential" to exceed the limits
        as stated in 10CFR20;

     3. It is always prudent to report a potential "media" event to the NRC

     4. This involved an "intentional" use of radioactive material which
        affected a large number of individuals.

     5. It was not a planned uptake

     Just some thoughts ...  I believe that the report was made as it
     should have been.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company