Subject: Re: negative energy
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet-Mail
Date:    10/23/95 4:09 PM

Also has application in radiation treatment. If we could actually do
negative beams, then we could subtract dose from critical structures
and optimize patient radiation treatments even more.  Unfortunately,
we are pegged at the floor of zero weight. However, for some treatment
planning systems in the past you could enter a negative beam weight
and get negative dose! A trick for entering a blocked field, but with
incorrect penumbra modelling. Oh well, its still what the doctor ordered!
Dan Bourland   bourland@roentgen.radonc.wfu.edu