Re: Toxicological Limits for Soluble Uranium

There is a considerable body of literature regaring both acute and chronic
uranium toxicity in humans that is available.  Much of the available
information is dated.  However, the USTUR has currently in press a paper
regarding the effects of low level chronic exposure on kidney
histopathology.  For information on uranium, please contact the US
Transuranium and Uranium Registries at 1-800-355-9317, or me directly at
509-375-5643 (I will be awy until next Monday) or John Russell at
509-372-7315.  You may also wish to examine our HOME PAGE:
the address is  www.tricity.wsu.edu.

We will provide you with what assistance we can.

Ron Kathren, Director
UNITED STATES TRANSURANIUM AND URANIUM REGISTRIES. >

Although it addresses inhalation of UF6, see Draft NUREG-1391, Chemical