GM probes and RF / EMF

I'm continuing to follow the thread regarding RF interference with GM tubes:

So now I have some questions:

If I have a standard gas filled detector with several hundred volts applied to
it, wouldn't it start to behave like an antenna at some point if I stuck it into
an RF or EMF field?

Another way of stating it, I guess, would be; Can't the detector itself
intrinsically act as an RF antenna even if the rest of the electronic circuitry
is fully shielded?

Or, another way; Wouldn't the application of high voltage make the induction of
stray fields across the anode and cathode much easier (i.e., create an
amplification effect through a different phenonema than normally seen in cascade
discharge)?

I guess from what I had run into in the past, I'm not completely comfortable with
the notion that the probe is insensitive to the RF / EMF and has nothing to do
with the response ("it's all in the electonics").

Someone please enlighten me at bit.

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rockwell Aerospace, Rocketdyne Division