Re[2]: GM counter and Two-Way Radios

I tend to believe Palmer's assessment below, particluarly with today's solid-
state devices.  Can't somebody simply disconnect the GM probe in one of the
detachable variety to see if the meter still responds to the electric field?
That would pretty much settle the question of whether the tube was the detecter
or the electronics were simply picking up static the way a radio does.

bill kolb
ARINC Research
bkolb@arinc.com