Re: Help on Nuclear Medicine History

I found references to Schillings tests in _Radioactive Pharmaceuticals_,
US Atomic Energy Commission, April, 1966, Chapter 26, pp 455-476.  Also
included is a rather extensive bibliography which includes:

R.F. Schilling, Intrinsic Factor Studies, II. The Effect of Gastric Juice
on the Urinary Excretion of Radioactivity After the Oral Administration
of Radioactive Vitamin B12, _J Lab. Clin. Med,, 42: 860-866, 1953.

GBJ Glass, etal., Uptake of Radioactive Vitamin B12 by the Liver in
Humans:  Test for Measurement of Intestinal Absorption of Vitamin B12 and
Intrinsic Factor Activity, _Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 51: 251-257 (1954)
and _Science_ 120:74-75 (1954).

Hope these help.

On Tue, 24 Oct 1995 VERNIG.PETER@FORUM.VA.GOV wrote:

> I am trying to close my books on the investigation of human radiation
> experimentation.  I am trying to respond to an inquiry about what might
> be a Schillings Test, circa 1958.  Can anyone out there tell me roughly
> when it was developed?
>
> Anything known about early use like dose, route of administration would
> also be apreciated.

Kent Lambert
LAMBERT@hal.hahnemann.edu