Re: Please critique this fact sheet!

Kara Villamil, BNL Public Affairs, karav@bnl.gov  wrote:
>we'd really appreciate any health-physics-based critique of his claims that
>any of you can offer.

     Kara,

     I don't know the correct rebuttal to the anti's claims, but I
     would like to point out that the public's perception is a
     seperate problem, not always based on knowlege. The anti is
     trying to create a perception of risk, regardless of the facts,
     and that perception is every bit as powerful as any true risk.

     I will also be looking for radsafer's comments on your posting.

     John Hughes
     hughesj@songs.sce.com