Subject: Re: DOE Tritium Supply PEIS
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    10/27/95 1:31 PM

>Does anyone know where I can find electronic copies of the
>Atomic Energy Act of 1954 and the Energy Reorganization
>Act of 1974?

The U.S. Code is available with a Web Browser at the following URL:

http://www.house.gov/Laws.html

>I was just wondering ... since NRC cannot regulate
>naturally-occuring and accelerator-produced radioactive
>materials (but the states CAN and DO), if DOE would have
>the same problem ... and if the regulation of the accelerator
>would devolve to the state ... in this case, South Carolina..

Does Georgia regulate x-ray machines on Fort Gordon?  SRS will still be a
federal facility and unless Congress has waived soverign immunity, states
cannot regulate the source.

Dave Scherer
scherer@uiuc.edu