Re: Rad. Saf. Dept Address Book?

>>Folks, An RSO address book would simplify the task of getting out radiation
  history requests.  Does such a list exist anywhere?  Thanks.<<

        You really need the names, phone and fax numbers of the dosimetry
        supervisors/staff for most facilities, not the RSOs.

        As far as I know, there is no *complete* directory that exists.  We
        have our own, that we have compiled over the years.  Dosimetry staffs
        at US nuclear plants communicate very well with each other for the
        most part.  The problems encountered in obtaining exposure records,
        in my experience, exist in trying to obtain them from the small
        radiography companies, the military (older records), and of course,
        foreign facilities.  Exposure records from hospitals and colleges are
        also difficult to obtain at times, in trying to contact the right
        person.  You either reach a switchboard operator who has no idea
        what an RSO is, or you get an electronic answering system that just
        doesn't give you the option you need.

        With the upcoming electronic PADS system, exposure records *should*
        be easier to obtain, but, that's a whole different subject!

        Julie Shafer
        Dosimetry Supervisor
        Florida Power & Light
        Turkey Point