Tuning In to Current Events.

Radsafe is a great way to share questions and answers informally.
I would like to hear from a few Radsafe'ers their thought on the
best formal lines of communication to the regulators and rulemaking
process. This has been brought to mind because of a couple of recent
events:
  1. The Final Rule effective 9/5/95 in which 'the EPA rescinds
     subpart I of 40 CFR Part 61 as it applies to nuclear power
     reactors.
  2. The DOT's ruling that the Barnwell Radioactive Shipping Manifest
     is not in compliance with 49 CFR 172.203 and therefore waste
     shippers must complete both the Barnwell RSM and an NRC form
     540 'Uniform LLRW Manifest'.
  3. The NRC's Final Rule effective 8/19/95 revising the
     training requirements for workers who are likely to
     receive in excess of  1 mSv (100 mrem) occupational dose
     in one year, redefineing Members of the Public, Occupational
     and Public Doses, etc.
 Besides paying large $ for the CFR, what are good ways to stay
' in the know'?

Also does anyone know if Agreement State licensees need to report
1995 Occupational Doses to the NRC (via REMIT), and will the EPA
require non-nuclear plants (ie. me) to file a NESHAPS report
for 1995 (via COMPLY)?

Thanks, Stan