Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 11:30:35 -0500
 From: c0etxlim@mrd42.mrd.usace.army.mil (Luke I. McCormick)
Subject: Re: National Emissions Standards for Radion
Sender: ans-pie@nuke.WestLab.com

 IMPORTANT NOTE TO THIS PROPOSED RULEMAKING
I don't have 1 Dec 95 FR yet but it sounds like a connected rulemaking.
In the FR on Aug. 4 1995, EPA issued proposed rulemaking entitled
"Administrative reporting Exemptions for Certain Radionuclide Releases"
Tucked into the back of this proposal is a section on how to determine
background concentrations.  Some suggestions include using an average
for backgrounds from around the county.  Due to the nature of rulemaking,
once the method for determining background is written for one reg. it will
be applied to other situations.  The Aug proposal deadline has been extended.
Since where we set 'background' is an important factor in what we clean up
and how much we pay, it is in everyone's interest to make sure that this
rulemaking is done right.  comment on this one.
Luke McCormick