Power Outages

    We have survived the windstorm of 12-12-95 here in Portland. No
problems radsafewise, but a few to think about for next time.
    In our hospital environment, most research labs are not on emergency
power (the quality of which may be an issue). This means if off for an
extended time, problems with samples (perhaps frozen "hot" animals
among others ) -temp alarms would help. Also,
security may be compromised (e.g.electronic access to restricted areas),
and non battery backup monitors may be inactive. Just a few things to
think about.

    William K. Tuttle III PhD
    Radiation Safety Officer
    VA Med.Ctr.,Portland,OR
    tuttle,w@portland.va.gov

    The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not the gov's, VA's,etc.