?Wearing Neutron TLD under ice-vest

     A question has been raised regarding the wearing of a Panasonic UD802
     neutron TLD under an ice-vest when making power entries. My opinion is
     that the neutron TLD should be worn on the outside of the vest, as is
     the case with all other activities, including power entries where an
     ice vest is not worn. I also believe that there would be some
     under-response for both the gamma and neutron components, the degree
     being unknown. The questions are:

     1. What do other facilities do as far as location for wearing TLDs
        when clothing, such as an ice vest or additional PCs, are worn and
        there is additional shielding?

     2. Have any actual studies of TLD response been conducted for neutron
        and gamma when additional shielding, such as heavy clothing, is
        also worn.

     Thanks,

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics