SEDIMENT AND REGS -Reply

Mr Webb wrote:
______
IN MY OPINION, IT APPEARS THE REGULATORY BODY IS
     SENDING A CONTRADICTORY MESSAGE TO THE PUBLIC.  IF I WAS
LIVING NEXT
     TO A LICENSEE AND WAS EXPOSED DURING THE OPERATIONAL
PERIOD TO A LIMIT
     OF 100 MREM/YR, WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO REDUCE IT TO 15
MREM/YR AFTER
______

Explanations to the public are further hampered by the fact that neither of
these limits appears to be a truly risk-based value....
What do we tell them?  That they 'seemed' like good numbers at the time?
That the political process hindered or clouded scientific reason?

Larry Dauer
9147368413
idauerl@ip3gate.usa.com

....my opinions only, not my employers...