Re: Waste Management '96

>I would like some information on the 96 Waste Management Symposium being
>held in Tucson, Arizona February 25 - 29. I am contemplating attending this
>conference and would like to know if it is really worth while.
>I am interested in field survey (gamma
>analysis with NaI(Tl) detectors) equipment and its applications. would this
>be a good symposium to attend for this type of information?

I attended Waste Management '95, and our office has sent someone every year
for several years.  It is certainly one of the best I've been to, and it
sounds like your work is not dissimilar to mine.  Most of our work involves
field surveys with NaI detectors (both gross gamma and field gamma spec).

I must admit that I did not find many of the oral sessions particulary
interesting, but I tend to be looking for fairly specific topics.  However,
there were several posters that I found very useful.  As well, WM has the
best vendor show around (great if you're looking for new equipment etc.)

BTW, I'd be interested in hearing more about your work.  It's always
interesting to talk to someone else who does this type of work.  Please
respond directly to one of my e-mail addresses shown below.

Chris Clement
Low-Level Radioactive Waste Management Office
Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
clementc@crl.aecl.ca
clement@vaxxine.com