Re: Finger Dosimetry

> Dear Radsafer,
>
> We are going to establish our own finger dosimetry at the Hong Kong
> University of Science and Technology. Your experience and advices are most
> appreciated on:
>
> (1) The frequency of readings
> (2) The proper location of the TLD ring.
>
>     (a)underneath gloves or on top of gloves?
>     (b)facing the plam or opposite the plam?
> (3) Precautions to prevent contamination.
> (4) Is there any standard protocol or guideline?
>
> Regards
>
> Paul
>
> Paul M W Chan, PhD

*****
REPLY
*****

We wrote a paper on this topic last year.  Citation is below if you
can get the journal.  If not, email the address and I will send a
copy if you want it.

J Nucl Med Technol 1995;23:33-35

David Adcock, MD, MPH
School of Medicine
University Of South Carolina
Columbia, SC  29208

PS..... You might be interested to know that we collected the
information and wrote the paper because we were irritated by an
inspector from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission who insisted that
our technologists should wear the ring badge with the detector toward
the palm.