Re: external dosimeter measurement accuracy

     Accuracy is determined by the efforts put into developing the specific
     dose algorithms for the specific type TLD or Film Badge utilized. I
     suggest that you refer to ANSI N13.11 which addresses performance
     testing requirements. I also suggest that you obtain a copy of "A
     Comprehensive Set of Conversion Coefficients for Photons" by Chris
     Soares, dated April 21, 1995. From my own data, it can be demonstrated
     that when blind testing is conducted with a NIST facility, that
     accuracy can be attained within +/- 2% across all 9 NVLAP testing
     categories. In summary, the answer you're looking for is dependent on
     WHO does the processing, and how good a TQM program is in place.

     If you would like more specific discussions, call me. I will be happy
     to discuss this topic with you or anyone else who might be interested.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company
     Nuclear Division