Re: Radiation Sterilization of Soil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:46:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Frank Saunders <fsaunder@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>
To: William Prestwich <prestwic@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>,
    avrel@gemini.oscs.montana.edu
Cc: Michael Butler <butlerm@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Subject: Re: Radiation Sterilization of Soil (fwd)

We have the capability at the Mcmaster Nuclear Reactor to irradiate such
samples in the hot cell using our cobalt source.  We need some
information on the dose rate and total gamma dose required. The 1 Kg mass
is not a problem.  We can also set up irradiation sites in the pool if
uniform dose over a large volume is an issue.