to ListMembers in medical field.

Dear ListMembers in medical field,

I need your help!

In our hospital, we use portable("mobile") X-ray machine(for spot film
of Chest,CXR) to take chest x-ray photography for critical patients in ICU,
Post-OP room, and sometimes in the ward.

In the aforementioned non-radiation-protected environment( I mean, no
lead plates or lead glass..), to protect other patients and hospital staff
(nurse, doctor...) from radiation exposure is needed.

I hope you could tell me how it was performed in your hospital. Mobile
lead-glass? To surround the 4 corners? What is the distance between the
operator and patient(who was under the X-ray tube)?
and so on...?

According to your kind response, we can setup a guideline which is
easy-performed, and efficient enough to protect non-involved persons.

If you have guideline already in your hospital, please give me a copy file
as soon as possible. I'll very very appreciate!!
Thank you very very much!!

Ying-Chou Sun
Email:ijsun@vghtpe.gov.tw