Re: LLW Technologies

     I have entered your request into the DOD Executive Agency for LLRW
     management for assistance...If time and resources permit, you should
     get an answer...mike coogen

Subject: LLW Technologies
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at ~GW1
Date:    1/31/96 2:28 PM

The following is something that I believe is or will be of interest to most
everyone on this bulletin board.

I am working on a project to put together a comprehensive list (with
descriptions) of waste treatment technologies for low-level radioactive
waste and mixed waste.  I need to include technologies currently in use from
compaction to steam reforming and also innovative technologies that are on
the cutting edge. What I would like is for vendors and generators alike to
send me information about treatment technologies they are aware of, what
waste streams they treat, and if they are applicable to LLRW and/or LLMW.
If you are aware of other sources of info, please let me know.

For everyone's sake (especially Melissa), please do not reply to this note
over RADSAFE.

Please send information to me by e-mail at my address:  RSG@inel.gov or fax
something to me at 208-526-9165.  You can also mail something to me at the
address in my signature.  Thanks.
Take care for now!

Russ Garcia (rsg@inel.gov)
National Low-Level Waste Management Program
P.O. Box 1625
Idaho Falls, ID  83415-2420

ph: 208-526-0483
fax: 208-526-9165