Re: Interesting story

>To: RADSAFE --INTERNET radsafe@romulus.eh
>

>OK, OK so saying "we are comparing 1-10uBq to 200 to 300 Bq"  Doesn't make
> sense if you are a reporter? Is everybody that reads the media uneducated in
> metric???My kids could figure that one out not even knowing what a bequerel
>is.  The US is a bit behind on these things I take it?
>Where did the fallout come from.  No one asks because its a trivial???
>
>Radiation Protection, Ministry of Health, British Columbia
>The opinions and material above are solely those of the author.
>Disclaimer for postings to bulletin boards, newsgroups, etc.
>rnross@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca

The great majority of the American public is resisting converting to he
metrtic system.  Of course, any of us who took a science course in high
school learned the metric system but engineers were still being taught the
English system when I left academia in 1978.  I was foprced to become
familar with English engineering units because my engineering students
didn't know the other.
My wife never took a hard science course and I can not convince her that it
is simple.  Even the argument that the Lord gave us 10 fingers and 10 toes
and if he did not mean us to use them for counting what are the extra one
for does not help with her.  She is typical of why we have not gone metric.

Charles C. (Tommy) Thomas
3373 Avenida San Marcos
Santa Fe, NM  87505-9210
Phone/Fax 505-471-9048