Re: Confusing conversions

These are from my book, The Nuclear Energy Option (1990) which took them
from my earlier book, Before It's Too Late(1981). One or both of these
books give the calculations.The 15,000 is "particles of radiation", ie
gamma rays, not radioactive particles.Quadrillion is a million billion,
15 zeros, there.The calculation is easy and straightforward, so any of
you could easily do it for yourselves.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh