Subject: Re:  Handling and Disposal of Uranyl Acetate
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at ~GW1
Date:    2/7/96 8:08 AM

     Folks,

       Recently, I have become concerned with the laboratory handling and
     disposal of the reagent, uranyl acetate.  Based on behavior, I would
     expect that its distribution and handling would be a bit more
     regulated.  I know the disposal of uranyl acetate waste is decidedly
     troublesome.  Is the material considered 'exempt' for some reason?

       In any event, I'm looking for a response from those with experience
     with handling this compound.  This may be of importance to others, so
     perhaps a few answers could be posted to 'RADSAFE' and the remainder
     to my attention.  If interested, I'll gladly forward any and all

                                              Jack T. Roque, RSO

                                              Jack.T.Roque@urlus.sprint.com