Re: Internal Licensing

> For instance,
>>do you put time limits on your authorizations and require periodic renewal?

Our procedures at the NCI-FCRDC are essentially the same as what you outlined.

One specific difference is in regards to time limits.  After considerable
debate within the committee, we recently instituted a five year renewal
policy.  The RSO has developed a word processor disk with the program
application and current use information already filled in.  The PI must fill
in any changes and update the experience of all current users, then print
and sign.  This becomes their new program file.  We had several programs
over 20 yrs old; this  should help clear out a lot of old paper work.

The policy wouldn't have been accepted without the work the RSO did.  It
would have been too much paper work for all those PI's who hadn't changed
anything!  Makes one wonder sometimes!

Jeffery G. Derge
NCI-FCRDC, Frederick, MD
Derge@dtpax2.ncifcrf.gov