Re: Re[2]: "Exit Signs" containing Tritium

At 07:53 AM 2/12/96 -0600, radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu wrote:
>     I wouldn't throw them into the trash though.  You might run into
>     problems with the regulators, public, environmentalists or antis.

It would not be a good idea to even consider discarding H-3 exit signs
in ordinary trash because they are posessed pursuant to a General License.
See 10 CFR 31.5(c)(8) or the equivalent requirements of Agreement States
for disposal requirements.  Further requirements are contained on labels
affixed to H-3 exit signs by the manufacturer or distributor.
ELI A.PORT, CHP, CIH, P.E.
RSSI
eport@nwu.edu
VOICE:847.965.1999, 24X7