Re: Arizona incident

  There was an incident of tritium contamination in Arizona of
approximately the type that was mentioned in Gary's post.  I have
no first hand knowledge of it but I do remember hearing the
radiochemists at EPA in Las Vegas talk about it a few years after
the event. I think they detected elevated levels of tritium in
a cake from a school near the factory that was using tritium. But to
put things in proper perspective, tritium is also detectable in two
well known mineral waters, Evian and Perrier.  The level is about
40 to 60 pCi per liter, which is typical of most surface water.

                            Robert Holloway
                            Nevada Technical Associates
                            http://www.ntanet.net/
                            702-564-2798