Tritium and Arizona Atomics

I've recieved plenty of information on the 1979 Arizona Atomics tritum loss
incident, so thanks for all the helpful responses.  You can stop sending
them now!

However, everyone seems unclear on wht the 1981 Reagan Administration action
was that "relaxed standards with regard to releases of radioactivity".  Some
have suggested this is the switch to ODCMs in the nuclear power industry
which allowed releases to be based on dose rather than on quantity (thus
making larger quantities releasable than before in some instances), or the
increase in allowable disposed quantities of C-14 and H-3 to sanitary.  I'm
still looking for more guesses on what this 1981 change in the regs might
actually refer to.

Gary L. Schroeder
schroede@mail.sep.bnl.gov