Re: Medical and/or Universit

                      RE>Medical and/or University Bioassa         2/15/96
We are curious to know if anyone is performing routine bioassay for anything
other than iodine and tritium, and if not, how do they justify not doing it?
(For example how do you justify that a
nuc med tech's uptake of technetium, gallium, thallium, indium etc or a
researcher using P-32 etc is less than the 10% ALI.)

Thanks in advance.

Kathleen M. Hintenlang

Try using the Hazard Index calculation in NUREG 1400.  I think you'll find that
a worker would have to handle a considerable amount of activity or be doing
some unusual experiments to justify routine bioassays.

Rob Forrest
UPENN
rob_forrest@rso.upenn.edu