Subject: Re: Thyroidectomy/Thyroid Burden Measurements -Forwarded -Re
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at ~GW1
Date:    2/22/96 10:16 AM

We monitor I-131 therapy patients given 100-200 mCi to determine when
they drop below the 30 mCi outpatient limit.  In our crude way
of doing things we usually see an apparent 24 hr clearance half life.
Younger/healthier patients may be quite a bit faster than this, but
some patients are longer.  Given that our technique of measuring
dose rate at 1 meter is crude, how do we explain our observations
given Mike's 6 hour clearance half-life?

Dale Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu