Subject: Re: A possible alternative to potassium iodide
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at ~GW1
Date:    2/22/96 10:49 AM

This is just a question on topical applications of iodine.  If there is no
problem with topical applications, and I personally can not see a problem, why
does the Red Cross always ask if the blood donor has an iodine allergy before
cleaning the donor site with betadine (an iodine based antiseptic)?

Again, this is a question for my own edification.

Regards,

R.R.Goodwin
Ronald_Goodwin@health.ohio.gov