Re: Radiation Biology Textbook

A popular text over the years has been Eric J. Hall's
"Radiobiology for the Radiologist", which I believe is
in at least its second edition.  Eric's personal
strength has been in demonstrating effects with cell
cultures and other in vitro systems, but his book
provides a nice review of the whole field.

I would tend to use Hall as a primary text with
Mettler and Hendee as a reference.  Some of the recent
CRC publications in Radbio could be of use, but are
IMHO far too expensive for any use other than
reference.

Ciao,

MikeG.

At 01:33 PM 2/22/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I will be teaching a radiation biology course to Masters candidates in a
>School of Public Health (mostly industrial hygienist oriented).  I
>would appreciate suggestions for a textbook.  I have used Alpen,
>Radiation Biophysics, and Mettler and Hendee, Medical Effects of
>Ionizing Radiation, in the past...
Michael P. Grissom
mikeg@slac.stanford.edu
Phone:  (415) 926-2346