Re: RO2 ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS

>>HOW DO YOU ADDRESS ENTRIES INTO HIGH TEMPERATURE AREAS OF THE PLANT THAT
>>REQUIRE RADIATION MONITORING WITH THE EBERLINE RO2? THE TECHNICAL MANUAL
>>GIVES AN UPPER BOUND OF 140 DEGREES F BASED ON THE ELECTRONICS.

I have just recentlt been lucky enough to get a look at a draft of the next
ANSI 323 - Instrument Cal.

Although It is not yet the standard it is modeled after a European standard
(no I don't know which one) and I'd use its comments in this regard as
guidance.

It says that when an instrument is used outside of its design range that the
facility using it this way must test (and calibrate if necessary) the
instrument for those conditions to document the efficacy of the procedure.

Eberline CAN do temperature environmental testing - but I don't know how
high they can go.  PNL can also do testing.

You may not find too many places to test that high however since that is
beyond the ANSI N17C severe environment performance criteria.

BTW - I sure am glad I don't do any surveys at YOUR place!!  I am SURE the
instrument would outlast me!!!