error messages

My apologies to everyone who received a very large error message involving
EM.DOE.GOV.  There have been mail problems between romulus and that mail
server for a long time now, and it looks like an error message made its way
to the subscriber list.

I finally had to resort to deleting every subscriber coming from that
address in the hopes that the flow of error messages would subside.  For a
while today I was receiving an error message from that DOE mail server
about every two to three minutes!

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that RADSAFE is quickly
reaching 1300 subscribers.  The size of the list makes it *vital* that
people consider carefully before posting and when posting, make sure to
post an e-mail address so that people can respond privately.

Thought for the day...  would you sit at your computer and send a message
to 1300 different people?  Probably not, but this is essentially what you do
when you send a message to RADSAFE.

Thanks for your patience!

--
 Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                       | m-woo@uiuc.edu
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign          | office 1.217.244.7233