radsafe partitioning

As a new subscriber to the Radsafe mailing list, I have been overwhelmed not
only by the large volume of daily mail, but by the diversity of its scope as
well.   Although there may be others with sufficient time and broad range of
interests to digest all of this material, I find too much on the daily
mailing of no interest to me, and despite my largely retired status, I have
better things to do with my time than to peruse postings which are of no
interest to me.

I am requesting (through the proper channel) that I receive the digest -
which I hope will be a briefer version of the current postings - to see if
that helps me better use my time.  However, I would strongly urge that the
RADSAFE mailing list be considered for partitioning into separate subject
areas, to one or more of which individuals with narrower interests (and
restricted time) could subscribe. One sample breakdown might resemble the
following:

- Regulation, regulatory policy
- Radioisotope/medical health physics
- Reactor health physics
- Dosimetry and instrumentation
- Environmental radiation/transport modeling
- Waste management and disposal
- Radiobiology
- Instrumentation
- etc., etc.,..

I would be interested to learn if this (or a similar) reaction has been
experienced by other subscribers.  It seems to me that if use of this
function grows as the overall Internet use is growing, the mail will soon
become totally overwhelming - and the need for a partitioning of interest
areas will be needed sooner or later.

MortGold@aol.com (Mort Goldman)