Dr. Dreadful Radioactive Labs

The Toys'R'Us catalog supplement to Sunday's newspapers advertises
(p.21) TYCO's Dr. Dreadful Radioactive Drink Lab and Radioactive Food
Lab ($19.99 each, refills extra).

The RADIOACTIVE DRINK LAB box shows a wide-eyed white-haired
Einstein-cloned "scientist", wearing no safety glasses, holding in his
bare hand an Erlenmeyer flask contain some glowing material that is
fizzing out of the top.  The caption next to the flask states - "Looks
Gross... Tastes Great!"   Also on the box are other flasks, beakers, and
test tube filled with similar glowing bubbly liquids.

Below a caption "Make Edible Nuclear Experiments" are pictures of
youngsters happily drinking or eating strange-looking substances.

The box proclaims across the top - You Can Eat or Drink Everything You
Make!", but then cautions at the bottom, "Choking Hazard - Small parts.
Not for children under 3 years."

The ad also shows a boy in a white lab coat and a "Dr. Dreadful" nametag
displaying his "radioactive food" creations next to various labware
obviously containing dry ice bubbling in colored water.

The punchline on all this is left as an exercise for the reader.

Rick

Richard G. Strickert, Ph.D.         | "Before I came here I was confused
Radian International, Austin, TX    |  about this subject.  Having listened
512-310-5259, FAX 512-244-0160      |  to your lecture I am still confused.
Internet:rick_strickert@radian.com  |  But on a higher level."
 ---> "All written IMHO." <---      |                       - E. Fermi