Re: Threshold (was RE: Healthy Worker Effect vs. Hormesis)

The principle you refer to is probably derived from physics. In quantum
physics, things that are not observable in principle are not meaningful.
But the key words here are "in principle" as opposed to in "practice". In
principle, the effects of even the lowest level radiation could be
observed by having enough people under perfect control for a long enough
time period. The fact that this would be impractical is irrelevant.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260