Fume hood in HP Labs

Question: Do you use a fume hood as part of your health physics operations?
 Is the fume hood part of your "health physics" lab or do you use a fume hood i
n another facility?
 Reason: For years our operation has had the use of our own fume hoods because
we took over lab space previously occupied by a research group that needed the
fume hoods. Now we are moving to a new facility without a fume hood and need ju
stification for spending the money to install a hood.
  New question: How do you as a health physicist feel about the need for a fume
 hood as part of your own health physics facility? If you can find the time to
respond send the response to me at  milwicz@princeton.edu    Thanks