Re: re Nuclear Power

Wade --

You missed my point, which was doubless obscure.  Basically I'm in
agreement with you.  However, after a few hundred yearsor so, the fission
products are not the hazard; the uranium is (a small hazard to be sure)
and most of it remains.  So essentially the fissions did not change the
hazard, once the FP's decayed.  (It's really a trivial point but
nonetheless I think it's important to remember that after all is said and
done, we still end up with the U (and maybe a little Pu with its 24K year
half life).

Cheers,

Ron