Re: nuclear power

A large nuclear power plant produces about 30 tons per year of spent
fuel. The actual radioactive waste is less than 1 ton. The weight of the
spent fuel is about a million times less than the harmful wastes from a
coal burning plant, and the total toxicity is far less. If you want
actual numbers on these, I can supply them.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260